Monday, March 2, 2009

SOUL-ed out for SOUL LINK 2009

Hello again all you bloggers out there. What a weekend for Soul Link 2009. More than 1,200 teens came to Bammel Church of Christ this past weekend to get involved and become part of a climate change. Not the climate change that you normally think about as in going green, but changing your environment, with the power of Jesus Christ. I worked security for the event and it was a rewarding experience. On Friday night, I worked the area in front of the stage in the Bammel Youth Center(a.k.a. the Project). No moshing, no stage dives, all in all, everyone was on their best behavior. Saturday, I worked security again, and like last night, everyone behaved themselves. I was walking around the worship center during the final session of Soul Link and to hear 1,200 teens worhsipping God was just awesome. My favorite moment of the weekend was when a teen, who used to be a gang member, but is now a part of the family of Christians at a church in Baytown. The place went wild and in fact a standing ovation was given at that time. All this time, I really got a chance to serve as Jesus did, maybe not the the extent of being a security guard, but this was cool. I was complimented a lot about the job I was doing and in my humble personality, I just remember whom I was representing. I love Soul Link and I can't wait for next year's event(Mark your calendars: February 26-28, 2010). One thing that I learned about this year's Soul Link theme is that it you don't have to "go green" to change you environment. You just have to step out of your comfort zone and do something small to change your environment for the kingdom of God. Now that's the kind of climate change that I and everyone would like to be a part of. Peace out and God bless.

No comments: