Tuesday, March 17, 2009

COWBOY UP: Rodeo Night in Houston 2009

Howdy and top o' the morning to you. I went to my annual pilgrimage to Reliant Stadium for the 2009 edition of Rodeo Houston. I had to wait for about 45 minutes as my friends did more eating and talking than actually watching the action in the stadium(well, not all of them). Anyway, I had a lot of fun as always, but I did stay away from some of the fried stuff that is starting to become commonplace at major events like the rodeo and/or a fair(i.e. Fried oreos, Twinkies, and overpriced stadium food). Of course this year I went to the rodeo on St. Patrick's Day and I wanted to consider going in a green cowboy hat as a theme, but I didn't think it would work. A little different to say the least. That just might be an idea for next year. Anyway I got indoctrinated in country music kiwi style courtesy of Keith Urban. He sounded alright for a New Zealand er. He sang a lot of songs; however, I did not sing any because I don't listen to a lot of country music but I can tell that there were a lot of Urban fans of the female variety and they sang along. I also received a lighted grill(a.k.a. a mouth guard) that lights up. All in all I got Urban-ized and grilled in one night. It's a shame that this is the last week for the rodeo because I love coming to it and I can't wait for next year. Peace, love, a pot o' gold and Lucky Charms to all. Out.

No comments: