Friday, March 20, 2009

Disconnected

Have you ever felt disconnected? No, I'm not talking about losing your utilities(water, natural gas, or electricity), phone service(land line or cellular), or cable/satellite TV. I'm talking about being disconnected from friends. I felt that way for a few days now and it wasn't until tonight that I finally decided to vent/open up about that. In a way, that's good because in the past, I used to keep things bottled up inside because I really don't have any one person per se that I can open up to. Well, I do, but I don't want to be a burden on anyone if something comes up like problems. I realize what it's like to be in community. While the Internet is a good tool for communicating, there is just no substitute for one on one face to face interaction. I need community and I need more interaction with you guys. Please give a brother some community.
Thanks.

1 comment:

Ace said...

Hey Darrell:

I know I have never met you personally, but it is funny that you posted this blog because a friend and I were just talking about how we felt disconnected from our church community. I just wanted to let you know I feel you and I hope that you find the community that makes you feel more connected. I am always up to having another friend...and I am always looking for connections. Contact me anytime. curlycue81@hotmail.com ro on facebook. I am using my boyfriends google account because I do not know my user name.

Melanie B.