Monday, April 28, 2008

IFEST--revisited

Hello again. One day at the Houston International Festival was not enough for me. So this past Saturday evening(April 26th), I made the journey to the continent of Africa without leaving Houston, TX. I got the chance to see some living history exhibits on site from the Buffalo Soldiers to life in the era of the Jim Crow Laws(do a Google search to learn more about both). I also got to see some arts and crafts from each nation of the continent. The highlight of the evening was when the Neville brothers performed on the World stage. The sang a lot of classic songs that were around before I was born, but were still good. the best song they performed was "Amazing Grace" at the end, followed by "One Love, One World". If those songs did not bring glory to God, I don't know which ones did. To learn more about the International festival, visit www.ifest.org.

No comments: